Thursday, February 14, 2013


Happy Valentines Day! 
"Age does not protect you from love, but love, to some extent, protects you from age."  

What Makes Me Romantic? 


Well, the word really started with an association with Spring and Summer in Rome/Italy...as I understand it! For me, its being motivated to perceive some things in a man that makes me forget time, place and rational thought! Something that makes a man see "Eve" in me, and makes me appear to him to be "his" forever: to cherish, to love, to tease, to protect, to care for, to hug and to kiss passionately, too. Something that makes me want to share, to give, to enter into his consciousness and remain there until the very end of our time! 

My feeling of 'romantic' really comes from feelings of being mentally free and utterly suspended from "proper" rational conduct or behavior and societal expectations: how else can you justify the seemingly 'foolish' things that lovers do?

I believe in "romance", and would return to Rome anytime, to celebrate what has existed between man and woman since the beginning of time! But I also believe that one does NOT have to travel that far to find romance, because it's really a beautiful state of mind. As I grow older, it is the one dream that I cherish above all others. 

So in my own, very private way; I am, like many others still in that search for romance with a very special man. And as Dr Seuss said, "You know you are in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams!"  I am still dreaming!!





No comments: